My wife and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Dave Ramsey’s offices in Brentwood, Tennessee. Dave’s work has been a tremendous influence on our lives. He’s built a thriving business helping people get out of debt and build wealth, and the way he did it makes him truly inspirational.
Of course his business is 100% debt free which is pretty amazing considering the scale of their operations. Dave’s company has also been voted best place to work in Nashville five years running! Amazing!
How Dave Rolls
Dave always points to the importance of reading and continual development in building his business. So what does the king of cash recommend? Here’s what I found in his book store in the lobby of his (giant, nice, paid-for) building (Titles in bold I’ve read and recommend):
- No More Mondays by Dan Miller
- 48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller
- Boys Should Be Boys by Meg Meeker
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters by Meg Meeker
- The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson
- Boundaries by Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
- The E Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- The Great Eight by Scott Hamilton
- Ziglar on Selling by Zig Ziglar
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Leadership by the Book by Ken Blanchard, Bill Hybels, and Phil Hodges
- The Millionaire Next Door by Dr Thomas Stanley
- Guerrilla Marketing by Jan Conrad Levinson
- QBQ – The Question Behind the Question by John G. Miller
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
- The Go-Getter by Peter B. Kyne
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
- Stuff Christians Like by Jon Acuff
- Quitter by Jon Acuff
- Gazells, Baby Steps, and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt by Jon Acuff
I always love getting book recommendations from successful people (they always have good ones, that tell you anything?)!
Of course it was also fun to see Dave’s studio and watch him during a live broadcast.
AND we even got to meet the man himself!